Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LoveSick

Close-up of LoveSick



My eyes refuse to cry; does it matter?
My limp arms no longer have you to hold.
Heart, why do you pound, then pitter-patter?
Lungs, I long for breath, please expand and fold.

Oh tears, why do ye hide? Set yourselves free.
Sad eyes, help the blue tears fall…push, kick, shove.
These empty hands are full of your memory.
My lonely fists clinch to capture your love.

Tears, why do ye resist?...flow again flow
Release yourself…today…tomorrow…when?
If my fingertips could touch your shadow
But for a moment we’d be joined again.

LoveSick, living without your love – feigning.
Gravity, pulling down my tears – streaming.



LoveSick
24 x 48 x 1.5 in
61 x 121.9 x 3.81 cm

Have you ever been lovesick? Do you think this sonnet describes it accurately? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment