Thursday, May 31, 2012

Like a Moth to a Flame






I was at my darkest,  you saw my light.
The closer you came,  my lumens grew bright.
I was flailing, spinning in a cyclone.
Your fingers plucked me out and brought me home.

I was walking in-place against a wall
Your kindness was a welcome pivot-call.
Without trespassing you probed and explored
An angel sent from heaven, thank you Lord.

I set up roadblocks, landmines, and decoys
You marched through and didn't fall for my ploys.
You refused to leave, like a moth to a flame
I' m still not sure what you saw, glad you came.

You tore me down mentally, then rebuilt.
Then relit my flame without any guilt­.



Like a Moth to a Flame
16 x 12 inches
40.6 x 30.4 cm


close up


What attracts you like a moth to a flame?

No comments:

Post a Comment