Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Insufficient







When I say I love you...

It does not mean a box of chocolates, or long stem roses.
It does not mean an heirloom ring, or sexy poses.

It is not three words, carelessly strung together,
without weight, like a feather.

Or exhaled air formed into syllables, meaningless.
Sounds good to the ears, but the heart, feeling less.


When I say I love you...

It means I am concerned about your soul,
Not just certain traits, but your whole.
                                                                                                                           
That I know you will make mistakes, 
I don't expect perfection.
That I will bring mercy and grace to our covenant, 
along with protection.

It means I anticipate your needs 
and move with admiration and emotion.
To remedy your lack-of, desire-to, or emptiness, 
with limitless devotion.

To say I love you with just my words, is simply...insufficient.


Insufficient
8 x 10 inches
20.32 x 25.4 cm



 What does "I Love You" mean to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment